Monday, March 24, 2008

Looking through a screen darkly

What is this reflections of our self that we create through our avatar? Are we are exploring both external and internal pieces of ourselves. I am guessing it is different for everybody. Some are as they are in RL while others go for a complete split personality. I am curious about it all. How do we create and expand our boundaries and what does it do to our RL life.

The deeper I am immersed in SL, I find my RL person thinking and dreaming about SL. I know the relationships I have developed in SL are pretty much as important and real as the relationships in RL. They are not in your face in RL but I know they are there and I feel their presence in my heart.

I was thinking that the fact that we can get hurt in SL as a negative aspect, but I already think I am wrong on that one. Getting hurt isn't positive put that we have to take the risk and there is as much a possibility of getting hut in SL as there is in SL makes it much more real. Just as the love and affection is real in SL.

Ok, so far I only create more questions. I create more to explore.

No comments: